The launch of Global Entrepreneurship Week in Antigua and Barbuda, as celebrated around the world, was marked with an Early Morning Connector Event, held on 17 November 2014, from 8:30am – 10:30am, at the City View Hotel in St. John’s.
There were twenty-nine (29) persons who attended from the following organisations.
- GARD Center (3)
- Scotiabank Antigua (3)
- International Monetary Fund (IMF) (1)
- Antigua and Barbuda Coalition of Services Industries (ABCSI) (2)
- L.C.P Industries (3)
- Astute Management & Consulting (1)
- Lighthouse Global Executive Services (LGES) (1)
- Antigua and Barbuda Investment Authority (ABIA) (1)
- Office of the National Authorizing Officer (NAO) (2)
- Antigua Public Utilities Authority (APUA) (3)
- Department of Youth Affairs (1)
- Nyahbinghi Farms (2)
- Brenda Carrott (Media Consultant) (1)
- Observer Media Group (1)
- Amya’s Design (1)
- Jah Showers Smoothies (1)
- Bajez (natural soaps) (1)
- Keynote Speaker
The Keynote Speaker for this Breakfast event was Mr. Curtis Dennie M.B.A, Marketing Consultant.
Within his presentation, Mr. Dennie stated that the mindset of students are brainwashed into thinking that upon leaving high school, it is expected for them seek employment rather than to venture into creating employment for themselves and others and to be more entrepreneurial.
The Theme for this year’s GEW Breakfast was, “Venture Capital & Entrepreneurship in a Caribbean Context”