The Cisco IT Essentials Training is structured to equip future IT personnel with the necessary skill set. The program helps you to focus on the information that will grow your confidence and competitiveness in the IT industry. The training is useful to persons going into Technical Support and Junior Computer Service Technician roles however those who simply want to know more than the average person about computers would also benefit from this course.
- Selecting parts for computers
- Installing and Upgrading Computer parts
- Working Safely on computers
- Installing Windows OS
- Learn about OS X, and Linux OS
- Configuring computers to communicate on network
- Installing and sharing a computer printer
- Implementing host, data and network security
- Troubleshooting hardware and software problems
- Roles and responsibilities of the IT professional
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for persons who desire some understanding of how computers work and how they can maintain current computer technology effectively. Probably you use the computer a little and never did Information Technology at school or probably you only did IT to CXC or A level but wished you knew more, if so this course is for you.
What is the benefit of participating in the IT Essentials Training Program?
This program is instructor-led and in 10 weeks you can learn what some self-taught IT professionals take several years to learn. Below is a list of some of the other benefits of participating in the IT Essentials Training Program:
- It provides you with the knowledge you need to better secure your personal or work computer
- It helps your understanding of the function of various computer parts
- It helps you to make better decisions when purchasing a new computer or printer
- It helps you practice real-life IT scenarios in a controlled environment using simulation software and role play
- It can show an employer that you are ambitious and self-motivated
- It provides good preparation for the Comptia A+ Certification Program
Venue: Access Center, Lower All Saints Road, St. John’s
Instructor:Kedane Gamble, Cisco IT Essentials Trained Instructor
Duration: 10 weeks Course Starts: Monday, 3 June, 2019
Discounted Fee: $800 (Over 40% Off)