- We have had to keep turning away 44% of applicants, due to lack of funds and lack of space. Many don’t meet the criteria of the big funders, due to their immigration status – for example.
- Due in part to our increasing success at hitting our target demographic of vulnerable youth, we are encountering new levels of problems we have never before dealt with. Homelessness, suicidal tendencies, and actual suicide attempts, to name but a few. Our need for professional counselling has skyrocketed, bringing it with significant costs.
- Our fledgling Business Development Unit is just beginning to take shape, but urgently needs renovation, supplies and furniture
Your assistance in continuing and expanding the Center’s work is desperately needed.
- US$100,000 can pay for two new classrooms
- US$40,000 can pay for a Yacht Maintenance course for 20 trainees
- US$20,000 can pay the yearly wage for a professional full-time Counsellor
- US$5,000 can furnish our new Business Development Unit
- US$300 can pay for a month’s childcare for one of our single mother applicants, so she can participate in full-time vocational training
- US$100 can purchase monthly lunches for one of our trainees who lives on less than US$700 per month
If you would like to support our work financially, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 268 463 4121 or 562 0084 in order to make a wire transfer to our bank account. Locally cheques can be made payable to: GARD Center and mailed to our P O Box W1675, St. John’s
Donors from the USA
American donors may apply for tax deductions for donations to GARDC by giving through The Advance, an accountable, designated-giving arm of the United Methodist Church in the USA that will ensure 100% of any gift you give will be received by the Center. The Advance is a 501 (c)(3) organization.
- By phone - Telephone 888-252-6174 to make a credit card donation.
- Online – Visit http://www.umcmission.org/Give-to-Mission/Search-for-Projects/Projects/401420 to make a secure online donation.
- By mail - Donors can make checks payable to ADVANCE GCFA. Write the name “Gilbert Agricultural and Rural Development Center” and the Advance #401420 on the check. Send your check to:
Advance GCFA P.O. Box 9068, GPO New York, NY 10087-9068
Thank you for your support!