ICT stands for Information and Communication Technologies and is defined, as a “diverse set of technological tools and resources used to communicate, and to create, disseminate, store, and manage information.” These technologies include computers, the Internet, broadcasting technologies (radio and television), and telephony.
In recent years there has been a groundswell of interest in how computers and the Internet can best be harnessed to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of education at all levels and in both formal and non-formal settings. But ICTs are more than just these technologies; older technologies such as the telephone, radio and television, although now given less attention, have a longer and richer history as instructional tools. For instance, radio and television have for over forty years been used for open and distance learning, although print remains the cheapest,most accessible and therefore most dominant delivery mechanism in both developed and developing countries. The use of computers and the Internet is still in its infancy in developing countries, if these are used at all, due to limited infrastructure and the high costs of access.
What you’ll cover
- Types of computers,
- Parts of a computer system
- Basic computer repair
- Microsoft Office
- Basic Web design
- Manipulating and maneuvering the web
- operating systems, hardware/software, inside the computer, basic PC software
- Life Skills
- Remedial Math
- Remedial English
Microsoft Suite -
- Word – Basic letter writing, cover page preparation (proper writing practice) resume writing (structural practice), mail merge
- Excel – Data entry, sales and budgeting, payroll, charts and formulas
- Power Point – workspace, object and text boxes, themes, layout and design, animations and running slideshows
- Publisher – learning to create fliers, brochures, company calendars and other layout oriented documents
- Outlook – email etiquette
Internet – basic web design, efficient use of the internet, research, browsers, etc.
Want to advance your knowledge in ICT? The GARD Center caters to your needs.
This course caters to youth between the ages of 17 – 35 years and runs for fourteen (14) weeks at the GARD Center in Mercers Creek, east of Pares Village.
These exciting sessions will run from 20 March – 23 June 2017, Mondays and Fridays from 9:00am to 3:30pm.
There is a non-refundable registration fee of $50.
Call 463-4121 / 562-0084
Apply Now and get a jump-start on your career goals.